SIP(+) Special Project
CALL FOR PROPOSALS
Put on your thinking hats and get those creative juices going. Gather your friends and “kakis” (between 5 and 10 of you) and work together to bring an innovative idea or interesting proposal to life, based on the theme described below. Two (2) of the most interesting, innovative and meaningful ideas/proposals get to win $ 2,500, the chance to turn your imagination into reality and share the final creative work at the next event this year.
THEME: RE-CREATION OF HERITAGE: LOOKING AT THE PAST FOR THE FUTURE
Cultural heritage is important, for it embodies the history of a nation, a legacy of every Singaporean’s roots. It is also an important part of a Singaporean’s identity. It is how one expresses their thoughts, beliefs and way of life. Our heritage provides clues to our past and how our society has evolved. Most importantly, it helps us understand and explain why we are the way we are.
What does heritage look like to you? How can we better represent it in Singapore? What would you do differently from what and how is it being presented today?
Share your reflection, thoughts and ideas in any of the following formats (but not limited to): –
- Videos (e.g., TikTok, music videos, animation, etc)
- Anime/Cartoon Storyboard
- Short Films (not more than 5 minutes)
- Live-Streaming Content
- Song or Musical Performance
- Multimedia Installation
- 10-minute Play or Poetry Slam
- Sculpture and Installations
- Performative Arts
- Mini Exhibitions/Pop-Ups
ELIGIBILITY AND SELECTION CRITERIA
- Youth (between 15 and 35 years old)
- Submission of idea and proposal via the prescribed form downloadable from our website or scanning this QR code.
- Form a group of 5- and 10 members (diverse backgrounds across gender and ethnicity- at least from 2 different ethnic groups). Individual submissions will be disqualified.
This open call for proposals opens on 28 January 2023 and ends before 6.00 pm on 31 March 2023. Pen down your idea and proposal by downloading this form and submitting it online to email@example.com by Friday, 31 March 2023. Alternatively, you may submit the form by postage to the Malay Heritage Foundation (MHF) office, before the deadline.
THE PACKAGE SHOULD BE MARKED AS FOLLOWS:
Attention: Proposal for Sembang Ilmu Plus(+) Special Project
The Malay Heritage Foundation
85 Sultan Gate
You may send your enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Ms. Rozana Sidek at 6299-5503.